Pacific Place creates a destination for retail rejuvenation this spring with a variety of events and promotions to beckon Seattleites from hibernation. As Seattle’s premier retail destination continues its transformation during the multi-million-dollar redevelopment project, new programs, partners and hands-on experiences embrace the season.
“Seattle is celebrating the return of warmer temperatures and we are following suit,” said Stephanie Heick, senior marketing director at Pacific Place. “We’ve put together a lineup of events and offerings designed to celebrate community and collaboration, and ultimately bring people together to ring in the season.”
Below, find details on events and happenings taking place throughout April and May at Pacific Place.
- The annual “Perks-to-Park” deal valid throughout the month of April offers complimentary parking to shoppers who spend $200 or more in single-day purchases exclusively at any of the center’s stores, services, restaurants or its AMC Pacific Place 11 theater. Need shopping inspiration? Don’t miss the “Tie Dye For” ideas found in the spring fashion forecast linked here.
- bRUNch Club at lululemon on April 21. Join for the launch of this new bi-monthly run and breakfast event, coined bRUNch Club. Meet at the storefront at 9am for a two-mile run, followed by free bagels and beverages. All paces welcome, find details on Facebook at @lululemonseattle.
- Community Coloring at the Handmade Showroom May 2. Join Ontological Coach, Andrea Koehler of The Coloring Project for this free event that provides community and conversation, along with coloring supplies like coloring pages, colored pencils and markers.
- Pop Up Spring Saturday, May 11, join fashion friends for a day of pampering, creativity and community. Make a flower crown, sip bubbly and more to celebrate all things spring on Level Two at Pacific Place. Choose blooms to craft your own handmade springtime accessory while mingling and chatting spring trends with local fashion experts Kirsty Papadopulos of @TheKirstyfiles and Jenn Lovin of @WhatJennWore. Find pampering stations, small bites, Trophy Cupcakes, music, Spring Swag (with beauty samples from Barneys New York) and more surprises that are sure to delight. The fun takes place from 12-2 p.m. It’s $8 per person, space is limited and registration is recommended. Click here to reserve a space or for more information.
- SIFF Comes to Pacific Place, select showtimes May 16-June 9. Alongside new spring films at AMC, the center continues its 19th year as a sponsor with the beloved Seattle International Film Festival which begins May 16 with a special ticket box and films shown at Pacific Place. Find more information and the schedule linked here.
Momentum on the Pacific Place redevelopment continues to track to a late 2019 grand opening. Meanwhile more than 30 best-in-class shops, restaurants and AMC Pacific Place 11 are open for business as the management team at Madison Marquette creates new spaces for retailers, restaurants and experiences. New tenant announcements, and the opening of the new grand entrance at 7th Ave and Olive Way are anticipated this summer. The shopping center will also continue its active pop-up store program that showcases art, new retail brands and experiences which reflect the future of Pacific Place. The center’s current retailers include Barneys New York, Tiffany & Co., Kate Spade New York, Din Tai Fung and coming late fall the new restaurant Hai Di Lao Hot Pot.
Lesley is the founder and editor of What’s Up NW. Prior to creating WhatsUpNW.com, she was the Seattle city editor for AskMissA.com. For both publications, Lesley has covered fashion shows, openings, and local charity events. She has written numerous articles shining the light on local businesses, encouraging readers to always shop local.