In 1967, McDonald’s debuted the iconic Big Mac! You all know the jingle, “two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions – all on a sesame seed bun!” In celebration of the Big Mac’s 50th birthday, McDonald’s has launched the Mac Jr., all the flavor of the original Big Mac in a single layer, or the Grand Mac with one third pound of pure beef and no fillers, additives or preservatives – available until March 26.
Did you know that McDonald’s offers 100% beef patties without fillers, additives and preservatives? This offering is one of the many ways McDonald’s is committed to offering sustainable, quality food made with quality, locally-sourced ingredients, and a prime example of their continued menu innovation.
McDonald’s is also moving forward on their journey to offering fresh, quality ingredients to guests, sustainability, and creating a fun and inviting dine-in experience with their new concept, Experience of the Future. There are a few restaurants in Washington that have already been converted (Issaquah and Totem Lake locations), and more to come! These restaurants offer table-side service to enhance the guest experience, with digital kiosks in participating locations where guests can place their order, have a seat, and a server brings their order over to them – asking if they need anything else, as well as a prompt quality check. It’s an all-new McDonald’s.
Some information from McDonald’s on their commitment to sustainable, quality food:
• 100% USDA-inspected beef, no fillers or preservatives, seasoned with just a pinch of salt and pepper
• Buns are 100% high fructose corn syrup free
• Onions, lettuce, pickles, cheese are all locally sourced for guaranteed freshness and a commitment to our local farmers
• No artificial preservatives, flavors, or colors
• Made with 100% white meat
• Committed to sourcing 100% cage-free eggs by 2025
• Egg McMuffin’s are made to order with real butter, and a fresh-cracked locally sourced USDA Grade A egg
• Fish for the Filet-O-Fish sandwich is globally sourced from 100% verified sustainable fisheries
• Made from North American grown potatoes and contain zero grams of trans fat
• Quality espresso is 100% Rainforest Alliance Certified
• Place used coffee grounds by the front entrance of their restaurants for anyone to take and use for their garden (part of their commitment to reducing waste)
• McCafe Smoothies and Fruit ‘N Yogurt Parfaits are made from locally sourced, hand-picked strawberries
Click here to find a McDonald’s near you to experience the future!
Lesley is the founder and editor of What’s Up NW. Prior to creating WhatsUpNW.com, she was the Seattle city editor for AskMissA.com. For both publications, Lesley has covered fashion shows, openings, and local charity events. She has written numerous articles shining the light on local businesses, encouraging readers to always shop local.