How does a Northwest trendsetter celebrate a big milestone? With a party for everyone!
The Metropolitan Market in Seattle kicks off October commemorating 10 years at its Uptown location at 100 Mercer Street. As part of the anniversary celebration, the store will run a 10-week promotion featuring a new free item every week, along with unique tasting events, sales, and demonstrations of some of the best items and products the store has to offer. The celebration begins October 5 and runs through December 13. Each week features a new, full-size, complimentary item for customers to enjoy, including Metropolitan Market’s olive oil, nine-piece chocolate box, notorious “The Cookie”, and seasonal holiday pears.
Known for its unique variety of specialty products mixed with a full selection of everyday staples, Metropolitan Market is giving local customers 10 weeks of special offers on its best items during Uptown’s anniversary. The offers are available via a coupon card, which shoppers can register for online and pick up in-store.
What’s Up Northwest is on this one and we will post a recap of what we find. The event schedule for October is:
- Vendor Fairs (Oct. 15, 12 – 3 p.m. and Oct. 23, 12-3 p.m., free): Stop by Uptown to meet some of the company’s favorite vendors and sample their top products.
- Pumpkin Beer Tasting (Oct. 14, 5 – 7 p.m., free): For those 21 and over, Uptown will offer a complimentary tasting of Elysian Brewing pumpkin beers paired with small bites – all rich in fall flavors.
- Seattle Trivia Night (Oct. 20, 6 – 8 p.m., $5/person): Impress your friends with your knowledge of Seattle, including the city’s history, sports and pop culture. Admission includes appetizers, trivia entry, beer tasting, and chance to win great prizes. All proceeds will go to the Queen Anne Helpline – and Metropolitan Market will match the amount raised.
- Meet the Brewers! (Oct. 21, 5 – 7 p.m., free): Sample beer from Pike Place Brewing, including an exclusive release from Pike Place Brewing and Metropolitan Market, and enjoy a delicious small bite paired with each beer.
- Tailgating Ideas (Oct. 22 3 – 6 p.m., free): For shoppers looking to amp up their tailgating spread, Metropolitan Market has tips, tricks, and food samples to take the pre-game party to the next level, featuring elevated classic fare with Metropolitan Market dips, bacon beer sliders, and BBQ chicken pizza.
- Cider Tasting (Oct. 27 5-7 p.m., free): Stop by to sample local ciders paired with various cheeses.
100 Mercer Street
Seattle, WA 98109
Brandwrangler. Movie buff. Tech geek. Dedicated to CrossFit. Love the Northwest and the variety of experiences and adventures living here provides. “Asking “Why?” can lead to understanding. Asking “Why not?” can lead to breakthroughs.” – Daniel Pink