In 1967, McDonald’s debuted the iconic Big Mac! You all know the jingle, “two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions – all on a sesame seed bun!” In celebration of the Big Mac’s 50th birthday, McDonald’s has launched the Mac Jr., all the flavor of the original Big Mac in a single layer, or the Grand Mac with one third pound of pure beef and no fillers, additives or preservatives – available until March 26.
Did you know that McDonald’s offers 100% beef patties without fillers, additives and preservatives? This offering is one of the many ways McDonald’s is committed to offering sustainable, quality food made with quality, locally-sourced ingredients, and a prime example of their continued menu innovation.
McDonald’s is also moving forward on their journey to offering fresh, quality ingredients to guests, sustainability, and creating a fun and inviting dine-in experience with their new concept, Experience of the Future. There are a few restaurants in Washington that have already been converted (Issaquah and Totem Lake locations), and more to come! These restaurants offer table-side service to enhance the guest experience, with digital kiosks in participating locations where guests can place their order, have a seat, and a server brings their order over to them – asking if they need anything else, as well as a prompt quality check. It’s an all-new McDonald’s.
Some information from McDonald’s on their commitment to sustainable, quality food:
• 100% USDA-inspected beef, no fillers or preservatives, seasoned with just a pinch of salt and pepper
• Buns are 100% high fructose corn syrup free
• Onions, lettuce, pickles, cheese are all locally sourced for guaranteed freshness and a commitment to our local farmers
• No artificial preservatives, flavors, or colors
• Made with 100% white meat
• Committed to sourcing 100% cage-free eggs by 2025
• Egg McMuffin’s are made to order with real butter, and a fresh-cracked locally sourced USDA Grade A egg
• Fish for the Filet-O-Fish sandwich is globally sourced from 100% verified sustainable fisheries
• Made from North American grown potatoes and contain zero grams of trans fat
• Quality espresso is 100% Rainforest Alliance Certified
• Place used coffee grounds by the front entrance of their restaurants for anyone to take and use for their garden (part of their commitment to reducing waste)
• McCafe Smoothies and Fruit ‘N Yogurt Parfaits are made from locally sourced, hand-picked strawberries
Click here to find a McDonald’s near you to experience the future!